1. What is my partner looking forward to the most in the next week?
2. What has my partner done that s/he is most proud of lately?
3. What has been most disappointing to my partner lately?
4. What compliment has my partner received from a person other than myself in the last week?
5. If my partner could follow his/her heart right now and do one thing s/he otherwise wouldn’t, what would it be?
6. What home improvement projects is my partner looking forward to?
7. What is the most frustrating thing about my partner’s job lately?
8. When is a time when something happened that made my partner doubt him/herself?
9. What is the most challenging part of my partner’s daily routine?
10. If my partner could make her/his parents understand one thing before they died, what would it be?
*These questions are taken directly from Atkinson, Brent. J (2005). Emotional Intelligence in Couples Therapy: Advances from Neurobiology and the Science of Intimate Relationships. W.W. Norton & Company, New York (p. 83). The Couples Clinic