Happy New Year! Are you excited for 2012? I know I am. I'm in the mode of reinvention, in my life and in my practice.
As you know, I am passionate about working with couples and individuals in the area of love, and I am especially passionate about couples having more passionate relationships!
So, I'm excited to tell you that I'm putting out a new series of classes starting February 20th that are all about sex. See that in the Couples Class section.
And, enjoy the Tools and Tips section: Talking About Sex!
Let's get ready to heat up this cold winter!
Tools & Tips: Speaking of Sex...
When it comes to talking about sex, do you feel like you're speaking a foreign language or that you can't think of anything more awkward than having this kind of conversation with your partner? Here are five quick tips to make it easier:
1. It's much easier to talk about sex while you're having sex or in that post coital bliss state before you fall asleep or get on with your day. It's on your mind and you're generally feeling loving and intimate with each other.
2. Be gentle and focus on what you like rather than what you don't like. Say things like, "I love it when you wear xyz" or "I love it when you touch me like that."
3. If you have fantasies but are a little shy about telling your partner, find something similar in a book of erotica and bookmark it for your partner.
4. If you want more sex, ask you partner about what turns him on or makes her feel closer to you. Then do that.
5. If all else fails, be direct, sexy and/or playful when talking about sex. Negativity and sex don't play well together (despite the phenomenon of "angry sex.").
Couples Classes: "Doing It After the "I Do": How to Have a Hot Sex Life!
Join me on Monday evenings, starting February 20th for a four week class designed to teach you how to jump start a dead or boring sex life and create passion and romance for a life time.
In this class you will learn how to:
- Talk about sex with each other
- Have a hot affair with each other
- Seduce, romance and flirt with your partner
- Know the differences in turning on a man vs. turning on a woman
- Make scheduling romance more fun, not boring or routine
- Build trust, connection, awareness in and outside of the bedroom
...Plus you will learn the single most important secret in creating a deeply satisfying sexy relationship!!
The class is packed with tons of exercises and exciting tools and tips to get the sexy love you want in your life. Join me for lots of fun and education on:
Mondays, February 20th, 27th, March 5th and March 12
7:00 - 8:30p.m.
$30 per class/per couple; $100/per couple if you pay for all four classes in advance
4155 E. Jewell Avenue Denver, CO 80222
Downstairs Conference Room
Click here to register or find out more information!
Book Recommendation: Slow Sex
Okay, I know I've recommended a lot of books on here and I definitely have recommended more than a few books about sex. What can I say? I like the topic!
The book Slow Sex by Nicole Daedone is primarily about the female orgasm and the process of Orgasmic Meditation. It's a fascinating read and apparently a road map to having 15 minute orgasms. Yes. You read me right.
But, actually, while that's all really cool, what I love most about the book are her sections on oral sex. Best descriptions EVER of exactly what to do, how to do it and why to do it! Plus, she's very funny and a terrific writer. I highly recommend it!
Want Even more Advice on Relationships?
Subscribe to my blog and read at your leisure. Topics range from date night, to what to do with anger during arguments and how to keep relationships close.
There's lots to read these days and certainly not enough time to read it all. Tuck this blog away for those times when you really need to read something to get perspective on your relationship.
Click here to read my latest blog entry
Also, I'm offering free articles to those who request them. Articles are entitled: "Communication: Making Your Relationship Work," "Building Closeness in Your Relationship." and
"Affair-Proofing Your Marriage." Stay tuned for future articles on other topics available by request. Click on the following link to get your free articles!
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE ARTICLES!!
Request for Endorsements!
If you feel so inclined, it would be great if you all would do a couple of things for me.
1) Take the time to write a brief review of me on my Linked In Profile.
2) Become a fan of my Facebook Page.
3) Send me, via email, a written testimonial on your experience with me that I can post anonymously on my website.
I would deeply appreciate it!
Thank you for sharing this journey in life and love with me.
Karen Holland, LMFT
4155 E. Jewell Avenue, Ste 703
Denver, CO 80222
(720) 210-5452/office & fax
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.