With Memorial Day Weekend quickly approaching, we're all gearing up for Summer fun. In between grilling and family vacations, why not plan to take a relationship class to keep your relationship in good shape? Check out my classes for women and couples on communication and sex.
Also, don't miss this month's Tools & Tips Section: 5 Tips for Making Time to Connect
Tools & Tips: 5 Tips for Making Time to Connect
One of the things I hear most from busy couples is "We don't have any time to talk (or have sex or go on a date)!"
Yes, we all do have busy lives. It's difficult coordinating work schedules and soccer games and yoga and night school.
Here are five tips to connect in brief but meaningful ways:
1. Jump in the shower with each other for a few minutes. Soap each other down, kiss or chat for a few minutes. It's a great time to connect quickly while also getting a task done.
2. Spend a couple of minutes sitting on the couch together, looking into each other's eyes and talk about your day. You must sit closely together and look into each other's eyes. Even if it's a brief conversation, you will feel more connected if you're physically connecting too.
3. If you don't have time for sex, engage in a few minutes of oral sex a couple times per week. Yes, I know you're tired. It doesn't take that much energy and stop using that as an excuse!
4. Summer is a great time to get outside and walk the dogs or the kids together. Let the kids run ahead and hold hands while you talk. Make sure you focus on each other while you talk.
5. When you greet each other at the end of the day, be intentional about giving a long hug and a long kiss (at least 6 to 10 seconds). You will be astounded at how much this does for your connection.
Relationship Classes! Check These Out!
Stop Arguing and Start Communicating!
Are you tired of arguing all the time? Do you feel like your partner never listens to or understands you? Are you sick of having the same discussion over and over and feeling like it never gets resolved? Take this three week class for couples on effective communication. CLASS STARTS JUNE 19th!Click Here to Register and Find out More Information!
Stop the Drama and Unleash the Sexy, Irresistible Woman Within!: Relationship Class for Women
Ladies! Do you find yourselves letting your anxiety take over and becoming a complete drama queen? Have you had trouble sustaining a relationship? Do you want to become a better lover and create a healthier, happier relationship? SATURDAY CLASS, JUNE 23rd! Click Here to Register and Find out More Information!
Doing It After the "I Do": How to Have a Hot Sex Life
Whether couples have been together for a while or are just starting out, most want to know how to keep up the passion and romance. This class is designed to teach you how to jump start a dead or boring sex life and create passion and romance for a life time. This three night class starts on July 17th! Click Here to Register and Find out More Information!
Book Recommendation: 101 Nights of Grrreat Sex
Check out the book: 101 Nights of Grrreat Sex: Secret Sealed Seductions for Fun-Loving Couples.
I discovered this book years ago and recently dusted it off again. I have couples using it and have used it in my Couples Sex Classes. It's a terrific resource if you're bored with the usual routine or just want some fun! The book is filled with "His" and "Her" sexual connection ideas. You tear out a sealed page and see what surprise sexual encounter you can create for your partner. There are some very steamy, fun, playful ideas in here!
Want Even more Advice on Relationships?
Subscribe to my blog and read at your leisure. Topics range from date night, to what to do with anger during arguments and how to keep relationships close.
There's lots to read these days and certainly not enough time to read it all. Tuck this blog away for those times when you really need to read something to get perspective on your relationship.
Click here to read my latest blog entry
Also, I'm offering free articles to those who request them. Articles are entitled: "Communication: Making Your Relationship Work," "Building Closeness in Your Relationship." and
"Affair-Proofing Your Marriage." Stay tuned for future articles on other topics available by request. Click on the following link to get your free articles!
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE ARTICLES!!
Request for Endorsements!
If you feel so inclined, it would be great if you all would do a couple of things for me.
1) Take the time to write a brief review of me on my Linked In Profile.
2) Become a fan of my Facebook Page.
3) Send me, via email, a written testimonial on your experience with me that I can post anonymously on my website.
I would deeply appreciate it!
Thank you for sharing this journey in life and love with me.
Karen Holland, LMFT
4155 E. Jewell Avenue, Ste 703
Denver, CO 80222
(720) 210-5452/office & fax
New! Comments Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.